Thursday 22 October 2015

#4 Little blue bags of doom?

Britpart. Shitpart more like!

If you look at any LR forum you'll come across this sooner rather than later.

In my experience it's not all bad, but I've gone for an oe timing belt, GKN propshaft UJs, mintex brakes, a bearmach fuel tank, an AP clutch and timken wheel bearings. Everything else isnt a disaster if it goes belly up or can be easily replaced if it turns out to be a false economy, (Have a look at the price difference on paddocks website) but on the 90 I've got BP shocks, which have been hassle free, and other bits and bobs here and there which haven't been too offensive.

Most people say if it moves, look elsewhere, however my teflon coated swivel ball kits on the 90 have been very good, no seepage for 5 yrs now and counting, but the fuel tank split among the seam, and when I finally got it out the only thing in good condition was the bloody Britpart sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment