Thursday 22 October 2015

#1

I've got a 90. Its great, but the lack of space inside has made me recognise that I ought to have a 110 for a family bus.

My very understanding wife has taken this on board, and it was her who located a bodily and mechanically sound 1983 110 just over the hill from me.

It needed a new chassis and the bulkhead was more filler and holes than metal, so that needed replacing too.

There's no point in putting plain steel into this project, so every piece of mild steel has either been replaced with new galvanised steel (New Richards chassis, remanufactured Ashtree bulkhead for starters) and the rest of the steel has been removed, blasted, galvanised where possible, or painted with an offshore spec paint system if not. All the galvanised steel has had the same paint treatment as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment