Friday 23 October 2015

Toys and trinkets

We hope to use the truck for extended family holidays, most likely camping, and to ensure a degree of self reliance I plan to have an extra battery for the charging of portable devices, running a cooler, night time lighting etc, so I'll be fitting a split charge system.

Long journeys plus kids = I'm bored = grumpy Dad, so I'm fitting USB and 12v charging sockets at every seat, and I'm thinking of a Bluetooth  DAB USB stereo with many speakers and a subwoofer tucked away somewhere. And much soundproofing to keep out the usual 'Skeleton having a wank in a filing cabinet' land rover mechanical thrashing noises.

I have used one of those small 12v compressors to put air into the tyres and it took 5 minutes a corner. For this reason, and in case I ever want to fit locking diffs I'll be putting an onboard air system on it using a modified ac compressor, like this;-  http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=2115

No comments:

Post a Comment